Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Price is Wrong, Bob


Bob Barker, who recently retired from The Price is Right, has given Tokyo Rosie his endorsement to take over his old show.
"I believe they're going to have a meeting with Rosie," Barker said backstage Friday night at the Daytime Emmy Awards, where he won his 19th trophy.

"She knows the show," he said. "There's no doubt in my mind she could do the show. Now, whether they want a lady host, I don't know. I've never heard that discussed. As far as I know, they've only auditioned men."

Barker said his friendship with O'Donnell goes back several years, when she had him as a guest on her old daytime talk show.

"She told me she loved `The Price Is Right' and wanted to host it one day," he recalled.

Is Barker suffering from dementia? I know that NBC has been trying their hardest to get Tokyo Rosie to come to their station, but seriously, the price America will have to pay if she takes over is far too high. NBC should no better, but of course they don't.

No comments: