Thursday, June 21, 2007

Trent Lott Electrifies Immigration Debate


Senate Minority Whip Trent Lott has come up with an excellent way to keep our borders secure. He
was talking to reporters Wednesday about the immigration bill, when he said, "If the answer is 'build a fence' I've got two goats on my place in Mississippi. There ain't no fence big enough, high enough, strong enough, that you can keep those goats in that fence."

"Now people are at least as smart as goats," Lott continued. "Maybe not as agile. Build a fence. We should have a virtual fence. Now one of the ways I keep those goats in the fence is I electrified them. Once they got popped a couple of times they quit trying to jump it."

"I'm not proposing an electrified goat fence," Lott added quickly, "I'm just trying, there's an analogy there."

Asked for clarification as to what exactly the analogy was, Lott spokesman Lee Youngblood said that the senator supported a variety of measures in the immigration bill, including unmanned aerial surveillance vehicles, radar and more border patrol agents, as well as a fence to reduce the flow of illegal immigration.

"A fence in and of itself is not enough," said Youngblood. "You can have technology to support the fence and to supplement the fence."
This is probably the most intelligent idea I have heard so far in the debate about how to keep the homeland secure from illegal immigrants. Electric fences, like abstinence education, works. If we build a 2,000 mile electric fence along the Mexican border all of our problems will be solved.

4 comments:

LET'S TALK said...

America has always talked the talk on human rights... now you guy propose an electric fence.

This type fence want work in the first place and more importantly, we need to keep terrorist out of this country.

Tree said...

I totally agree, OhNeco. I think we should also have militia men at the fence with cattle prods. That way we don't kill them, just make sure they stay on their side of the fence.

Anonymous said...

Verily I agree with everything you have said. You speak the language of true washed-in-the-blood Christians! Praise!

May the Lord bless and keep your conservative Christian family safe. May He bring down a plague on your Liberal neighbors.

YIC <=<

Mrs. T.D. Gaines-Crockett

Ohio Neocon said...

let's talk,
have you ever run into an electric fence? I have and guess what, they work!

tree,
I totally concur. let's talk was trying to say that an electric fence is inhumane, it is not, it only jolts the illegals.

Mrs. Gaines-Crockett,
Thank you for your kind words and blessings. I truly have been washed in the blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I hope he hears your prayers and smites my unholy neighbors.